Potatoes and Veggies // Video Recipe Tutorial
I’m all about making fast, simple healthy meals. There’s nothing worse than slaving hove a hot stove at the end of a long day when all you want to do is kick back and relax or enjoy time with family/friends. This Potatoes and Veggie dinner will have a delicious healthy meal on the table in no time flat.
You’ll be able to feed yourself and your family in less than 30 minutes without any complications. This coming from a girl who just spent upwards of 10 hours making stew – kill me.
Potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables. They come in so many different shapes and sizes and you can cook them unlimited ways. They are also a really easy way to add healthy starch to a meal. I know a lot of people want to be low-carb or no-carb and to that I say hooey. You absolutely need carbs in your diet and potato are one of the healthiest ways to get it. These taters aren’t just tasty, they are nutrient packed too. Believe it or not they are packed with vitamin C!
In this recipe I also use Broth Master Bone Broth which is absolutely delicious and totally amazing. I was drinking this stuff for weeks just as is and it was amazing. Best of all the broth is paleo and has super clean ingredients. If you don’t have time/energy to make your own, this is a brand I totally recommend. Finding high quality stock at the grocery store is actually kind of impossible. It’s like an endless struggle for me, seriously. The organic stuff has sugar and the non-organic has weird additives and coloring. I look at label after label and can never find an ingredient list I love so I usually settle. With Broth Masters you don’t have to settle at all.
- 5 potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp ghe (olive oil or butter)
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 5-8 mushrooms
- 10 baby carrots
- Triple blend seaweed flakes (fresh herbs or salt and pepper)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Chop potatoes into quarters and add them to the water (water doesn't have to be at full boil when you add the potato), boil for 10-15 minutes or until fork pierces potato easily
- Heat up a skillet with 1/2 tbsp oil of choice
- Add chopped onion, saute 3-5 minutes until translucent
- Add garlic and stir to combine
- Add chopped carrots and bell pepper, saute 5 minutes until starting to soften
- Add chopped mushrooms and mix to combine, season with salt and pepper
- Add broth (or water) and bring to a boil, cover and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes until everything is tender
- When the potatoes are cooked, strain them and return to the same pot. Return the pot to the stove but turn off the burner. Mix the potatoes around to allow the water to evaporate for a moment or two before adding ghee and triple blend seaweed flakes
- Serve the potatoes along side the vegetables and enjoy
I hope you enjoy this recipe and it inspires you to eat more bone broth and cook quick healthy dinners,